Rest In Peace Dear Angel...



Via BBC

Yesterday my news-feed was flooded with images of the little boy who lay lifeless on the beach in Turkey. I froze, trying to process the human catastrophe that has now reached our shores; I have three children of my own and felt the pain and anguish for these families. The plight of the refugees has left me feeling distraught, they are after all our brothers and sisters in humanity. The image of little Aylen, has been on my mind all day and haunted me all night. This poor, innocent child and his family had fled a country gripped by terror and war. I can't begin to imagine what they experienced in their final breaths; all I wish and pray for is that he and everyone else who lost their lives crossing these troubled waters, are now in a much better and peaceful place. Aylen, you have touched so many lives - we never knew you but you have struck a cord in millions of hearts. Sadly, your loss has now been the catalyst for humankind to unite and help bring about the change and effort that is so desperately needed. In your memory, I along with thousands of other people, will do our best to help and relieve the suffering of those whose lives have been plagued by bombs, bullets and fear. 
Rest in peace my dear angel...x

No comments:

Post a Comment